It can mean so many things. It can be so many things.
What is bliss to me?
To be honest, the first thought that popped into my head at the mention of “bliss” was taking off my bra and changing out of my work clothes at the end of the day (ladies, you know those feels). Not exactly an appropriate subject for a photograph though.
Bliss, to me, is so many things, like:
- Lounging on the couch all day, drinking tea while reading a good book, watching movies (including LOTR marathons), or just simply chilling;
- Cuddling puppies and dogs;
- That first spoonful of piping hot soup;
- A perfectly made latte;
- The warmth of the sun on my face after a series of cloudy days;
- Hearing the roar of the waves and smelling the essence of the ocean;
- Waking up naturally, not to an alarm clock;
- Having a hot bath at the end of the night and crawling into fresh bed sheets;
- When my hair cooperates and looks especially fabulous;
- The times when Mark finds something so funny, that he laughs with his whole body;
- Sharing hotpot with my family;
- Coffee dates with my best girlfriends;
The list could go on and on.
I chose this particular photo to represent “bliss” because food is one of the biggest sources of bliss for many people, including me. These waffles in particular from CEREZO Cafe & Bar here in Calgary a couple of years ago were some of the most delicious waffles I had ever had. It was like having a raging party in my mouth and only tasty people were invited. It was not only the taste but the presentation and quality.
I have since changed my lifestyle so waffles are no longer part of it, but I will fondly remember the time I had these expertly crafted waffles that were, simply, bliss.
This post is part of Blogging U’s Photo 101 Class, where I’ll be posting a photo each weekday with an interpretation of the given theme.